Did you know that Texas is still building and planning more dirty, coal-fired power plants, and that it is the only state in the nation with such a deadly, costly “coal rush” advancing (more info)? Scary isn’t it?
Join us for an important and fun-filled Halloween event supporting renewable energy, green jobs, clean air and clean energy which moves us beyond coal and puts Texas on a path to brighter and cleaner energy future.
Date: Saturday – October 31st, 2009
Time: 8:30am – noon (Young Sierrans meet @ 9:30 at the registration table)
Cost: FREE to participate!!
T-shirts: Adults: $10, Students: $5 – Must be ordered by 10/23 to guarantee! * All donations benefit the Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club to help fight against new coal plants in TX.
Location: Bath House Cultural Center, White Rock Lake, 521 E. Lawther Drive, Dallas, 75218 (map and directions)
Advanced Registration: Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club
- Halloween costume contest (prizes awarded!)
- Basic bike check ups
- Exhibitors on green living & transportation and sustainability
- Postcard signings to the EPA to enforce the Clean Air Act (more info OR speak out online)
- 8:30a – Event Begins – Includes Bike/Walk/Run Registration
- 9:30-10:30a – Speakers & Rally
- 10:30a – Bike/Walk/Run around the lake in support of Clean Air/Energy in TX.
To volunteer or for more event information, please contact organizer Lori Peniche (972-980-7176). Follow these links if you can’t attend, but still want to support clean air/energy in TX, learn more about Sierra Club Beyond Coal initiatives or sign-up for TX Sierra Club Action Alerts.