Happy Hour/Dinner – Jazz Under the Stars – Dallas (5/28/09)
Posted by candace on May 8, 2009
Please join us for HaPpY hOuR & Dinner at the Dallas Museum of Art – Jazz Under the Stars (JUTS) concert series in downtown Dallas on Thursday, May 28th. This is a free concert featuring Barri Pearson & Right Direction.
Barri Pearson is a skilled bassist who has performed with such great jazz artists as George Benson, Earl Klugh, and David Sanborn. He’s well know for his role in keeping the Dallas “Jazz Roots” alive.
- RSVP: Please RSVP by noon on 5/28 so we can “blanket”/reserve enough lawn space to all sit together.
- Date: Thursday – May, 28th
- Times: Feel free to join us early for “happy hour” on the lawn anytime after 6pm. The concert begins at 8pm. It’s best to arrive by 7:00p so you have time to park, join us on the lawn and relax before the show begins.
- Location: This may change depending on available space. For now, look for our group/Peter/Candace near the “northeast” corner of the lawn (closer to the DMA building and Harwood, under the trees).
- Parking/DART: The nearest parking lots are north and southeast of the DMA and cost $8-10. Street/meter parking is free after 6pm. Another option is to take the DART rail to the St. Paul stop, which is three blocks southeast of the DMA (DART schedule).
- Food/Drink: Everyone is responsible for their own food and drink (adult beverages are welcome). Select food and drink are available for sale at the event.
- Also consider bringing: Blanket/cushion for sitting, bug spray, sun block/hat, plastic cups (for wine), extra napkins or dish towels, water, bottle opener, portable cooler, etc. This is a casual concert; dress comfortably.
- Chairs: In the past I’ve seen people bring low-rise chairs but I think they’re more hassle than they’re worth. We should be able to reserve enough space so that we’ll be able to see the elevated stage over any chairs which may be immediately in front of us.
- Weather: We will update all RSVPs via Pingg/email by 4pm on 5/28 if this event is at risk of being canceled and re-locate to another Dallas location.
All 20s/30s are welcome; you need not be a Sierra Club member to attend.
Please RSVP or send questions via the Pingg invitation or to email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!
** DMA – Downtown, 1717 North Harwood, 75201 (map) – Ross Ave Plaza/JUTS concert area is on the south side of the DMA property – DMA phone: 214-922-1200 **
This entry was posted on May 8, 2009 at 1:06 pm and is filed under HHs/Dinners, Social. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.