Guided Tour – LEED Certified Dallas Police HQ – Optional DART/Lunch (3/7/09)
Posted by youngsierrans on February 11, 2009
** UPDATE ** At the request of our guide, the tour originally scheduled for Feb 21st has been canceled. We’ve re-scheduled for March 7th – we hope you can join us then! ** UPDATE **
Please join the us as we tour the City of Dallas Jack Evans Police Headquarters on Saturday, March 7th. The Jack Evans Police building was Dallas’ first LEED Silver-Certified building (information PDF), which opened in March 2003.
You can meet us at the Mockingbird Lane DART rail station (details below), and we’ll train down together, or at the Jack Evans Police HQ. We are planning to eat lunch at Cafe Express (veggie-friendly) in the Mockingbird Station retail development after the tour.
Date: Saturday – March 7th, 2009
Time: Guided Tour begins at 10:00 AM at the police HQ.
Mockingbird Station Location: Mockingbird/Central Exprwy, 75206 (map)
Building Location: 1400 S. Lamar Street, 75215 (map)
Cost: Tour = FREE! DART rail ($3)/Lunch (individual responsibility)
- Meet at the Mockingbird DART Rail Station. Buy your ticket upstairs (local day pass, $3 – bring exact change), then ride the escalator down to the platform where Peter (green Sierra Club tee-shirt) and Candace will be waiting starting at 9:00 AM. We’ll board the Red Line train at 9:24 AM. This will get us to the Cedars Station (one block from the police HQ) by 9:46. Don’t be late, the train won’t wait!
- If you’re coming from up north and want to catch the train before it gets to Mockingbird Station, check the Red Line’s Saturday southbound schedule here. The train leaves the Parker Road Station in Plano at 8:55.
- If you choose to drive, please meet us in the police HQ lobby by 9:55 AM.
- The tour will last about 1.5 hours. We’ll return to Mockingbird Station for lunch at Cafe Express after the tour.
- Please RSVP by noon on 3/6 so we have a headcount for the tour and lunch reservation.
The event is open to anyone; you don’t need to be a Sierra Club member or Young Sierran to participate. This tour will take place rain or shine.
Questions: Please contact Peter (youngsierrans[at]dallassierraclub.org).