Nevada Court (Denton) Green Home Tour (8/12)
Posted by youngsierrans on August 7, 2007
Hey Young Sierrans, I recently received this upcoming tour info from Dan Fette of the Dallas Progressive Alternative Energy Meetup Group. This is not a YS event, but feel free to contact Dan or meet at the Nevada Court model home this Sunday at 3:00pm and check it out. To contact Dan, you must join the DPAE Meetup Group and use the application’s interface to email him (or Donald Clasen, the DPAE group organizer).
- The group will tour energy homes starting at 3:00 P.M. August 12th 2007. Those wishing to car pool should contact DAN FETTE regarding time and place (see above).
- Regarding Nevada Court, It’s a subdivision of 14 single family homes developed by Denton Affordable Housing Corp., made to be as Green and energy efficient as can be within the limits of an affordable housing market. Houses range in size from 1180 to 1620 SF with an average sales price of $135,000.
- We’re anticipating energy and water use about half what a typical family would experience in this locale in a conventionally built home. In the energy efficiency category, we’re selling the houses with an energy use guarantee that the amount of electricity and natural gas necessary to comfortably heat and cool the houses stays below a particular amount.
- At today’s utility prices that translates to less than $50 / month for our 1340 SF model home.
- The closest major intersection to Nevada Court is McKinney and Loop 288 in Denton. From there go west on McKinney about 1/3 mile. Turn right on Mockingbird. Go north on Mockingbird about 1/2 mile. Turn right on Paisley. 3400 is the model home, the first house on the right facing Paisley. We’ll meet there.