The annual Greenville Ave. St. Patrick’s Day Parade is one of the largest St. Patrick’s Day parades in the country (~100K people, 100+ floats). Such a large event creates many tons of unnecessary waste, so we’re SEEKING VOLUNTEERS to help make the parade greener. Join the parade Recycling Team and help divert as many recyclables as possible from the landfill!
Last year, total recycling collection efforts yielded about 1200 lbs of material. In order to top that number this year, we need YOUR help! Volunteers can collect recycling from parade viewers or simply stroll along with our entry to promote the Sierra Club and conservation. In addition to the satisfaction and fun volunteers will receive from helping at the parade, they will also be given nifty green t-shirts and post-parade concert tickets..
Please email your volunteer interest or questions, with the subject: Recycling Team. Thanks for your help!
- Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2010!
- Approx. Volunteer Time: 9:30a-1:30p
- You must RSVP to receive a parade access badge. Meet in Sam’s Club parking lot vicinity (not near entrance) on Park Ln by 9:15am. Look for large, City of Dallas waste collection truck.
- Use DART to avoid parking hassles (Saturday schedule) – no parking in Sam’s Club lot.
- Past Parade Recycling Efforts: PHOTOS or DETAILED INFO (which is similar to this year)
- What to do between now and then? Sign up to VOLUNTEER! Visit any of the SAVE THE PARADE Happy Hour Events at Greenville Ave restaurants on Fridays to show your support! Share across your social networks!